Saturday, February 17, 2018

# beer pong # buffalo wings

Beer Pong at Wingman

I've always considered Wingman as one of the best buffalo wings place in the Metro. When I was invited to a game of beer pong here, I just agreed right away even if I had no idea on how to play the game!
Garlic Parmesan Wings, Curly Fries and Black Bean Burrito
Garlic Parmesan Curly Fries for a touch of flavor.
Dip it in their sauce and eat it in one go!
After having some of my regular favorites (above), it was time to play beer pong! Yes, I did not forget I was there for the game even though I was enjoying the delicious fares. Haha! :D

The staff of Wingman started setting up the beer pong table and taught us how to play. I was actually part of the first team who played. During the game, the staff gave tips, explained the rules further and of course, helped with the scoring.

Basically, here's what happened: Beer was poured on 6 plastic cups and lined into a triangle. Each player has two ping pong balls then whoever's it (through a short game of rock-paper-scissors) will throw the ball to the other side of the table and shoot it in the opponent's cup for the opponent to drink.
Like a ping pong game, the ball can only bounce once on the table. More than one bounce on the table is invalid and the next player gets to throw the ball. With one bounce and if it shoots in your opponent's cup, your opponent must drink 2 cups of beer. Without a bounce but if the ball shoots in your opponent's cup, your opponent will only drink 1 cup.

So the goal is to have the ball bounce once on the table and shoot in your opponent's cup for your opponent to drink 2 cups at the same time.
Just take turns in throwing the ball to the other side of the table until you finish your opponent's cup or your cups get finished. In my case, I lost the game. Haha! :D But it was all good.

On this visit, I got the chance to try their newest addition to their menu called "Hell Fire" which is literally buffalo wings on fire! This fiery hot chicken wings spiced up with Carolina Reaper Chili will surely challenge your taste buds.
Hell Fire
This burning dish comes with a serving of vanilla ice cream to cool down the palate in case you're brave enough to try it and need a back up.
A closer look without the fire
Aside from being spiced with Carolina Reaper, as you can see, these chopped "labuyo" (native Filipino chili) will already start the heat when you take a bite into this dish. As I've said above, I was courageous enough to try it! One bite and I had to keep on biting the meat to the bones to avoid making my tongue feel numb. Oh yes, it was extremely spicy! However, what's surprising is that the wings had a sweet and salty note despite having a high level of spicyness. Also, yes, I ate the vanilla ice cream! It was quite difficult to handle the heat so I needed the ice cream to help me out.

After that hot chicken wings, I had the Honey Dijon Wings. I needed a sweet dish aside from ice cream to cool down my taste buds.
Honey Dijon Wings
While watching the other teams play against each other, our group enjoyed more yummy treats.
Onion Rings
Perfectly crisp outside, soft and flavorful inside. <3 td="">
Deep Fried Coke
Yes, you read it right! It's a weird dessert but fun to eat. It's a cup of crunchy coke flavored batter topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
Wingman is open daily from 11am - 1am and is located at The Collective, Malugay St., Makati.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright by Joyfully Yours. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram