Tuesday, August 6, 2013

# dog # first time mommy

Puppy Diaries: The First Time Mommy

Do you have a dog?

I've always love dogs because of films like "Lassie" and "Milo" which features smart dogs that helped their owners. Whenever I pass by a pet shop inside a mall or in Cartimar where I buy gold fish, I can't help but look at all the cute puppies that I would love to pinch their cheeks! However, I never thought there will come a time that I'll be having my own puppy.

Last month, my brother called and told me that my uncle has brought a 3-week old mini pinscher boy puppy to our house. According to my uncle, this puppy is for me and my fiance when we get married so that he can look after our house when we're not around. Without any knowledge about how to take care of a puppy, my family has accepted the puppy. I was actually quite angry knowing that my family has accepted the puppy since we have no experience on taking care of a puppy and it's a big responsibility to adopt a puppy.
After 3 days in our house, my fiance took the puppy to his house and has taken care of the puppy for a week. In this process, he has fallen in love with the puppy and named him "Sparky." I myself started missing the puppy and has grown to love it especially when it started to learn some tricks which I've taught.
Since Sparky wakes up at 5 or 6 in the morning to cry and ask for breakfast, there were so many times when I felt that I just wanted to give up taking care of Sparky because he's so active and I didn't know what to do with my current problems on him:

1. Potty training - Most of the time, Sparky pees on his wee wee pad but sometimes he pees on the floor or door mats.
2. Biting - Since he's turning 2 months on August 9, his teeth are still growing thus, his gums are itchy. However, he already has some teeth so it hurts when he bites and he also love biting things.

One time I got home late from work and he was sleeping in my brother's room. As I opened the door to check on him, he got up then run to me with bright eyes! I walked to his bed while he followed beside me then I sat beside his bed so that he can go to his bed to sleep. Instead of going to his bed, he climbed up to my arm, snuggled in the corner of my joint then slept! It is the time that I've realized that he's just a baby and I felt like a mom to him. That night, I've told myself to be more patient with him and spend more time teaching him more things.

Like a first time mommy, I'm going through a lot of research and asking people I know who have dogs to better understand Sparky. I'm still slowly learning on how to take care of him. There are really so many things to learn!
Any advises on my problems with Sparky? I would love to hear from you! Wait 'til my next post on his improvements! Yes, I'm now a first time mommy to a puppy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright by Joyfully Yours. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram