Friday, September 16, 2016

# 7 Flavors # buffet

7 Picks at 7 Flavors

In the heart of San Juan, 7 Flavors is an all day buffet dining restaurant that will surely catch anyone's attention because of its posh exterior. In the bustling city lies this property that looks like an extension of the secret garden. There are greens planted on the walls that somehow brings a relaxing feeling to tired eyes. The all day buffet dining is located at the 2nd floor while the ground floor is a cafe for those who would like to have a meeting. The cafe is also a quiet nook equipped with wifi for those who'd like to do their homework or work.

Photo from 7 Flavors's Facebook Page
The exterior somehow emulates what one is going to experience inside! Relaxation thru good food that makes one wants to stay and just munch. The big question is, with an array of choices and limited tummy space, WHAT TO EAT? Join me as I show you my top picks!

1. The Taco Station
There's a make your own taco station where you can put all the meats and veggies you like inside your taco shell. Topped it off with sour cream sauce and cheese based on your liking. I love how crunchy the shell is and it doesn't get soggy right away with all the meats I've put in it! To get my regular veggie fix, I've put in some chopped lettuce and tomato salsa. With my love for cheese, my taco is topped with lots of, lots of cheese and a dollop of sour cream!

My DIY Taco

2. The Fried Delights
Different fried goodness that's all together say hello with a smile. Anything crispy tickles my fancy taste buds!

Calamares
I like how the calamares stays crunchy despite being on a plate in a buffet for the taking. You can see that oil was drained properly before these crunchy bites were placed on the plate so that the crunchiness retains. Inside is a soft easy to bite squid that's fresh and flavorful. With a dash of vinegar on the side to dip these goodies, I'm ready for more!


Potato Croquettes
Another crispy outside soft inside delightful bites that is good to eat while chatting with friends. Simple, no fuss and straight to the point! These croquettes are the bomb!


Deep Fried California Maki
One of my no-brainer go to Japanese food favorite is California Maki! So having it fried is something weird and new for me but I'm out here to try 7 Flavors so there it goes into my mouth and woah, it's California Maki goodness with a crunch! Somehow it reminds me of crunchy salad maki when dipped in aioli sauce that comes on a side.



3. Stir Fried Pork
This simple dish is a mixture of marinated pork stir fried with bell pepper and onions. I like how the pork is soft and tender. I actually mixed this with the Pansit Canton which I feel lacks meat (yes, I'm a meat lover) and it's just oh so good.


4. Korean Ginger Chicken
Sweet, juicy with a hint of ginger, this chicken dish calls for rice. Bring in the rice please and I'll eat a plate or more of this chicken!


5. The Seafood Dishes

Fried Fish with Caprice Sauce
These fried fish fillets are coated with lemon and honey caprice sauce that enhances the fresh flavor of the fish. Eating more of this made me feel a little less guilt because fish and lemon is healthy, right? Haha! :D


Spicy Salmon Head in Coconut Milk
Salmon is another weakness of mine when it comes to seafood. I love salmon raw, smoked, cooked or as gravlax. The salmon head is fried then mixed in with coconut milk, curry and chili.


Spicy Gambas
The shrimps were al dente, a bit on the sweet side with a little spiciness.



6. Tofu Sisig
I'm not a fan of sisig but this tofu sisig is something else. It's tofu covered in this creamy sweet and salty sauce that's mixed with green and red chili that gives a spicy kick.



7. The Sweet Endings AKA Dessert Choices
I consider this the best part of most buffet. If the desserts are done right, it's like a happy ending to a romantic movie! I suggest you to leave some tummy space for these.

Mango Tapioca
Widely known as Mango Sago and can been seen in any Chinese restaurant which people usually look forward to! The rendition of 7 Flavors to this popular dessert is a blend of big mango slices, small tapioca, sweet coconut milk and nata de coco (coconut jelly). The Mango Tapioca is not too sweet so the nata de coco comes as an added sweetener.


For a blissful twist to the Mango Tapioca, I've put mine in a sundae glass filled with crushed ice then with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream on top!


Ensaymada
Small round baked bread with whipped butter spread and topped with cheese. This crowd favorite is actually also being sold in 7 Flavors's cafe.


Carrot Cupcakes
Moist and delicious carrot cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting! It is quite small so having one is not enough!


A lot of photos of Chef Boy Logro are in and out of the restaurant but I did not see him around. I was told that he's a part owner and goes there from time to time. Also, he plays an active part in all of the dishes which are his recipes and curated by him.

My first plate
Assorted sushi
Roast Beef
Beef Stew
7 Flavors is located at 196 A. Mabini St. Addition Hills, San Juan. For inquiries or reservations, call 5430325. The buffet rates are P399.99 for Monday - Thursday lunch, P499.99 for Monday - Thursday dinner and P599.99 for Friday - Sunday lunch & dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Potato Croquettes!

    Not the healthiest of finger treats but i really love those!!

    Goes perfectly with Sour cream :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, The Crazy Juann! And it's so good if topped with cheese too after dipping in sour cream. MMmmmm...sinful! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright by Joyfully Yours. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram