Friday, July 16, 2010

# art # Ayala Museum

New Frontiers: Olivia d' Aboville "Chasm of Fantasies" Opening

Ribbon Opening Ceremony

These are real jellyfishes

Olivia d' Aboville giving her opening remarks


These art pieces made by Olivia d' Aboville were inspired in her many diving adventures. It feels magical going inside that room. I'm a diver myself and I miss diving so much since my last dive three years ago. I love how Olivia partnered with Philips for the sounds which made the underwater experience alive!


Olivia d' Aboville with guest of honor Makati Mayor Junjun Binay, Jr.

Entrance to the magical underwater world (minus being wet and all the other dangers)



Somehow, looking at these art pieces made me feel I'm underwater without the danger of any poisonous creatures. Who would have thought used materials like net, coffee stirrer, plastic spoons, forks and knives can create such beautiful art? Looking at them, they were not what they are anymore. They have transformed into jellyfishes, corals, anemones and more.

Oh, look at that! Doesn't it look like one of the real jellyfishes above?


It's definitely worth a visit to see these art creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright by Joyfully Yours. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram