Wednesday, November 14, 2012

# CCP # concert

A Musical Treat for the Soul

Back when I was 5 years old, I bugged my parents to buy me a piano. I still remember that it was in the Lyrics store in Harrison Plaza. After that incident, my mom enrolled me to take piano lessons in YMCA. Looking at my curiosity with piano, my parents finally bought one and I played the piano until I was 14 years old. Because school work has been very demanding, I gave up with my piano lessons which require me to practice a lot. I also participated in annual recital competitions but never won so I think it was wise enough to stop my lessons and concentrate on my academics. However, it has always been a part of my bucket list that I will go back to take lessons and play the piano again someday. So when I heard about the event “Forte @ 40” it aroused my curiosity.


Is it possible for 40 pianos in one stage to be played by 80 people at the same time? Unbelievable, right? For the first time in Philippine history, this is going to happen in “Forte @ 40” to be held at the Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo of the Cultural Center of the Philippines this Sunday, November 18, 2012 with 2 performances, at 3pm and 7pm.

Mr. Anthony Say, President of PTGP

“Forte @ 40” is put together to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of The Piano Teachers’ Guild of the Philippines (PTGP) in partnership with The Cultural Center of the Philippines, Lyric and Kawai. There will be over 300 Filipino pianists from ages 8 – 80 playing in one show! The pianists consist of students, teachers, past & present board members and members of PTGP, festival participants and competition winners.


Special guest performers who will be gracing the performance are CCP President Dr. Raul Sunico, concert pianists Della Besa & Annie De Guzman, Fr. Manuel Maramba, OSB, Carmen Padilla, Nita Abrograr-Quinto, Philippine Madrigal Singers choirmaster Mark Anthony Carpio, UST Singers’ conductor Fidel Calalang, Najib Ismail, Mary Anne Espina and more! A very tempting treat for the soul, isn’t it?


Just to give you a glimpse of how wonderful this musical journey will be, here are some short videos during the press conference for your enjoyment!


So what are you waiting for? Get your tickets now at Ticketworld by dialing 8919999 or visit www.ticketworld.com.ph.

Members of PTGP and Miss Joy (right side in blue) of Lyric

I’m really excited to experience this very special show. Even if at the moment I’m not taking piano lessons and I’m not back to playing the piano, it will be a very special musical treat for my soul as a reminder that someday I should touch the piano again and play sweet music with it. As of the moment, I’ll just relax and watch this magical masterpiece unfold.


The over-all production team of “Forte @ 40” is led by Dennis Marasigan as Artistic & Lighting Director, Eric Cruz as Set Designer, Antonio Africa as Video Documentary, Ave Asuncion Uy as Stage Manager, Toots O. Tolentino as PR & Publicity and Mari Yuda as Marketing.

For more details of the show, special group discounts for schools, please email askptgp@yahoo.com. Visit ptgpinc.wordpress.com and add PTGPInc on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright by Joyfully Yours. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram